Tuesday 18 September 2012


A 'First' for all of us!
T's first day of reception class (age 4 and 3/4 he'll tell you)
J's first day of nursery (grand old age of 3)
My first day with the house to myself for 3 whole hours (whoop!)

Ah my boys, it's just the beginning for you, what an exciting adventure you have waiting for you. 

Tears from my big boy, and joy from my little one, they are both so different.

(I spent the first 5 minutes of my 3 hours solo looking at this picture with blurred vision as I blinked back the tears myself!)

I spent the next 2 hours and 55 minutes cleaning the bathroom, dusting the lounge and hoovering the whole house. 
But, you know, I completed the task without (any) interruptions - an acheivement indeed. 

Happy new week to you all x






6 comments:

  1. Wonderful picture, their personalities shine through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird on that first day when the house is empty! I felt heartbroken. Even now that the boy is in year 5 I hate handing him over. Beautiful boys! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous boys! I remember how I thought about my two most of the time, but I also remember how good it was to drink a cup of tea to the bottom of the cup while it was still hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen, thanks for stopping by my blog. I liked this post and really resonated with me. My son started nursery last week and my daughter just began year 1. So far I am spending all my free time cleaning the house as it's such a novelty to get chores done without constant interruptions! I'm glad it's not just me. Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It such a strange feeling - being able to do the simply things like....go to the loo! without a little one in tow, but it's also very quiet. And then I end up clock watching - I must break some cycles and enjoy.

    Have a wonderful weekend,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I just found you via Scraps of us! What a gorgeous picture. My three year old boy started pre-school this year too. A big moment, but he seems really happy. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading. If you fancy leaving a comment, please do. It'd make my day! x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow TWO + TWO