Friday 22 June 2012

Party preparations!


Am not quite sure quite where the time has gone, or what I was doing, but all of sudden J is turning 3.
My boys are growing up so fast, and by September nursery will keep J busy and T will make the big move to primary school. It's hard even to remember when they were babies, and they're already telling me they can do everything 'all by myself, mummy'.
I can tell you though, I much prefer busying myself with the rough and tumble of the lives of a 3 and 4 year old than stressing about feeding and sleeping routines I became super-stressed about when they were so little. It makes me a little sad to think I didn't really enjoy those first few months of being a mum, I really felt I had no idea what I was doing, and it seemed everyone else was doing a sterling job - apart from me!
So armed with my best cake-baking/room decorating/biscuit icing skills to date, I wait in anticipation for J and 4 of his friends to P-A-R-T-Y! Wish me luck x




4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great party to me! Where are those paper ball things from? I like them a lot. And I don't believe for a minute that you were any less of a Mum than the others you know. Being a parent is so, so hard. I've always been the one who forgets everything, from juice to tissues to wetwipes - I'm totally hopeless! Now go party!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen - can always rely on you for a lovely word or two ;)
      The balls are from 'Tiger' - am not sure if they have them up north - relatively new here in the 'burbs but a brilliant addition. Akin to Ikea, one of those shops where you put loads of lovely *cheap* stuff in your basket, but you come away having spent a fortune on a load of stuff you love, but didn't really need! (The balls were £1 each - not bad, and I did *need* them!)
      ps - am so with you on the whole forgetful thing. Wipes is my failing. Oh- and plasters.

      Delete
  2. I love those ball things too! And pretty bunting in the background :). Mine are 11 and 9 now and still remember how lost and stressed I was, most of those early years. I think it just gets better! (not to say that there aren't hideous moments) have a really happy party. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Am sure we're not alone in the 'early years' feeling - its' just you don't feel like that when its happening!! Wonderful that you are enjoying everything that comes with 9 and 11 year olds too - and thanks for sharing it all on your fab blog.
      The bunting started off as a knitting project I undertook when I was pregnant with T. I failed miserably so a very generous friend (and highly experienced knitter!) completed the job! x

      Delete

I love reading. If you fancy leaving a comment, please do. It'd make my day! x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow TWO + TWO