Tuesday 25 September 2012



Last night, for the first time in years, I went to the cinema.

What a treat.

If you haven't seen it then I urge you to go and see Take this Waltz.
It's beautiful, emotional, funny, delicate and powerful.
I laughed a lot and also shed a tear or two, decided I'm in love with Michelle Williams,  started an anthropologie wish list (Margot's clothes were so decidedly anthro quirky), and decided to print some fabric bags (one day).
...and then I came home with 'Video Killed the Radio Star' emblazened on my mind.
Great song, but tricky to fall asleep with it on repeat in my head....



A great metaphor for life, and all it's emotional complexities.

Here's to the ups and downs, and everything in between x

6 comments:

  1. Oh I went to see it too. I loved it and at the end I burst into tears for some reason. It just touched me somehow. Anyway I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I love Michelle Williams too. Have you seen Blue Valentine or Wendy and Lucy? I think she is such a believable actress...will stop going on about her now! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was touching indeed (and you can tell it was written and directed by a women, so much to identify with).. thanks for the heads up on MW other films, off to check out now! x

      Delete
  2. Hi there - thanks for stopping by my blog. I haven't been to the cinema in YEARS but this film looks great. I too love Michelle Williams, she is very talented. Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can, then go, it's a great film to get you back into the swing of cinema outings! x

      Delete
  3. I love that song - I remember swinging as high as I could as a kid trying to go over the bar singing this song at the top of my voice...happy memories. Though I did wonder is she was going to be sick at one point - such a shame it ended so abruptly. Now I must go see it.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great memories Nina! She does look like she's going to be sick doesn't she? Go see the film, then sickness and abrupt endings will all become clear! xx (no spoiler alert!)

      Delete

I love reading. If you fancy leaving a comment, please do. It'd make my day! x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow TWO + TWO